Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recipe linky Party-Fast and easy Chicken Mole

     This recipe is actually included on my weekly menu week one, that's how often I make it. It's fast and easy, and you can vary it. Here's what you need:
*Drumsticks (I cook 2 per person)
*Mole sauce (look for pre-made in the Mexican aisle)
*Rice (I use dry fideo noodles, which again you might want to look in the Mexican aisle)
*Salad or veggies

What I do is boil my chicken because it's healthier that way. Once cooked, I remove the chicken and put it in a pan, and pour the mole sauce over it. Since the chicken is already cooked, I am essentially just warming up my sauce. While I am doing this, I get my rice and veggies ready (unless you are making salad). You can also make a side of beans if you wish. Then, once ready to serve, you serve the chicken, and pour a little of the mole sauce over it. I love to also add the mole sauce over my rice. Yummy! This recipe is super easy and super fast. You can have yourself an authentic Mexican dinner any night of the week!

Variations: Instead of mole sauce, try pipian sauce or red sauce (there are different red sauces, like Adobo). If you feel like having chicken mole and tostadas, no fear! Instead of using drumsticks, use chicken breast. Once cooked, shred the chicken breast with two forks. Then move the chicken to the pan and add the sauce. Serve this over a tostada for a delicious tostada with chicken mole.

Let me know if you end up trying this dish and how you like it. It's one of my favorites, and I hope you all will enjoy it as well.

Click here to join the recipe linky party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parent-Teacher Conferences: Keeping the Humanity

         As I write this, it is currently parent-teacher conference season. We've been in school for a couple of months, and finall...