Saturday, March 10, 2012

Busy time of Year

    It's March already (what happened to February? Where did it go?), and it seems that this time of year (at least at my school) is packed with too many events to even count. You know what I'm talking about. You open up your agenda book and have an event scheduled on almost every, single day. Our student teacher begins on Monday, we have spirit week coming up (which means we must practice daily for our dance), spelling-bee, bench-marking, a walk-a-thon, a field-trip, and an all-day in-service meeting. I'm also pretty sure I'm forgetting several other events as well. Oh, yes I am. One of my student's is leaving the country until next school year, so we will have a party for her in a few weeks. This is where I begin to feel like I have an elephant sitting on the top of my head. He's very heavy I tell you, and I wish he'd consider getting off.  This really is very much what our life looks like every week, isn't it? When aren't we busy? When don't we have a million things to do? We are being pulled in ten different directions at any given time (it's lucky we still have our limbs attached, isn't it?).  At the end of the day, however, it's all worth it. All the sweat, tears, and blood that goes into teaching.  It's fulfilling, exhausting, but definitely rewarding.
   What about your schedule? Is your agenda as full as mine is?

3 comments:

  1. I'm asking myself the same exact question. February is a total blur! And... March will be over before you know it. If you figure out how to get the elephant off your head...let me know ... I want him off my head too. Have a great weekend.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about my schedule and want to curl up with the covers over my head. And it's not even our "busy" season - that's April through May!

    ReplyDelete

Parent-Teacher Conferences: Keeping the Humanity

         As I write this, it is currently parent-teacher conference season. We've been in school for a couple of months, and finall...