Thursday, July 26, 2012
Crayola Crayon classroom theme
Here are just some of the ideas I have for now. There's still some time yet before these plans are executed into an actual classroom (I don't think I will get access into my classroom until at least another week). Please feel free to comment on the ideas, and suggest others! I am still in the process of thinking it through:
1. Name sticks that look like crayons
2. Work display BB with primary colors as background, and crayons as border
3. Self-portraits: As an activity during the first week, I will have students do self-portraits with a crayon body (they will share these as a means to begin building community).
4. Expectations will be posted on paper with crayon border
5. Pencil holder with crayons hot-glued around it
6. One wall painted with all primary colors
7. Groups: will be called a crayola crayon color
8. Student name tags will be a large crayola crayon
That's all I have so far, but I am really excited to get my room put together. I would love to hear what you all think of these ideas, and if you have other suggestions. As always, I will post pictures when I have some to post.
As I write this, it is currently parent-teacher conference season. We've been in school for a couple of months, and finall...
As part of our "Myself" unit we are exploring feelings. We actually won't be working on this until about two weeks from now, b...
I was introduced to the growth mindset research about a year ago through a Stanford course I took. The research is amazing and changed how...
Upon returning from Thanksgiving break my class and I will be looking at how we are similar and different from others as part of our &q...