Thursday, July 26, 2012
Crayola Crayon classroom theme
Here are just some of the ideas I have for now. There's still some time yet before these plans are executed into an actual classroom (I don't think I will get access into my classroom until at least another week). Please feel free to comment on the ideas, and suggest others! I am still in the process of thinking it through:
1. Name sticks that look like crayons
2. Work display BB with primary colors as background, and crayons as border
3. Self-portraits: As an activity during the first week, I will have students do self-portraits with a crayon body (they will share these as a means to begin building community).
4. Expectations will be posted on paper with crayon border
5. Pencil holder with crayons hot-glued around it
6. One wall painted with all primary colors
7. Groups: will be called a crayola crayon color
8. Student name tags will be a large crayola crayon
That's all I have so far, but I am really excited to get my room put together. I would love to hear what you all think of these ideas, and if you have other suggestions. As always, I will post pictures when I have some to post.
Recently, I recorded a three-part mini series podcast all about teaching to each learner. I find that it is this very ar...
As part of our "Myself" unit we are exploring feelings. We actually won't be working on this until about two weeks from now, b...
I was introduced to the growth mindset research about a year ago through a Stanford course I took. The research is amazing and changed how...
Upon returning from Thanksgiving break my class and I will be looking at how we are similar and different from others as part of our &q...