Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crayola Crayon classroom theme

     I have finally decided on a classroom theme: crayola crayon! I think it will be perfect for my little kiddos. I also love the idea of bright colors in the classroom. It's also a theme that seems pretty simple. Some of you might remember that last year I did a Safari theme. It was a lot of fun, but I am looking forward to putting something together that might be a little more simple.
     Here are just some of the ideas I have for now. There's still some time yet before these plans are executed into an actual classroom (I don't think I will get access into my classroom until at least another week). Please feel free to comment on the ideas, and suggest others! I am still in the process of thinking it through:


1. Name sticks that look like crayons 


2. Work display BB with primary colors as background, and crayons as border


3. Self-portraits: As an activity during the first week, I will have students do self-portraits with a crayon body (they will share these as a means to begin building community). 


4. Expectations will be posted on paper with crayon border


5. Pencil holder with crayons hot-glued around it


6. One wall painted with all primary colors


7. Groups: will be called a crayola crayon color


8. Student name tags will be a large crayola crayon


      That's all I have so far, but I am really excited to get my room put together. I would love to hear what you all think of these ideas, and if you have other suggestions. As always, I will post pictures when I have some to post.

5 comments:

  1. I think your ideas sound great! I especially like that your will be called a crayola crayon color. Cute! I know it will look great. You aught to get one of those large crayon piggy banks and use it for something. We give out tickets at our school, so it would be great to keep those in until they are collected. Also have you heard of the book, The Crayon Box that Talked? It's a must read for any classroom but especially yours. It's a great one for diversity. Also, I'm having a linky party for classroom themes over at my blog and when you get your room finished and post some pictures, you should definitely link up! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such a cool idea! I can't wait to see more!! I know there is some nice crayon clipart I've used before from Maree Truelove (I don't know if this helps or not, but I hope it does!): http://www.etsy.com/listing/51650826/colorful-crayons-clipart-digital-clip?ga_search_query=crayon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link for the clip art Kristen! I am going to check that out. 2busybrunettes, I will definitely join that linky party. Also, someone just told me about that story and I do plan on reading it to my kiddos. I had never heard of it until I started telling people about my crayola crayon theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the crayons for your door decor? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TA actually made it for me! She is quite an artist so I put her talent to use.

      Delete

Teaching To Each Learner

               Recently, I recorded a three-part mini series podcast all about teaching to each learner. I find that it is this very ar...