Monday, November 26, 2012

Days of the Week-a Play-doh activity

    Today I wanted my kids to get really hands-on with our study of the days of the week and months of the year. I wasn't completely happy with just the quick YouTube video and reading the names aloud (though we did those activities as  well). So, I began to think about what I could do to make this lesson a little more interesting. That's when I thought about bringing play-doh into the lesson. The kids love to do play-doh spelling, so why not use it with the days of the week? So we did! Of course, the kids loved it. I am thinking about including a play-doh center with the months of the year next week. This will be hands-on, and help them become familiarized with the months. This activity actually saved my other-wise boring math lesson for the day (we don't do math centers on Mondays, so I was really looking for a way to spice up today's math time). What activities have you done with your kids as they learn the days of the week and the months of the year? I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parent-Teacher Conferences: Keeping the Humanity

         As I write this, it is currently parent-teacher conference season. We've been in school for a couple of months, and finall...