Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Using Google Tasks To Plan Your School Year: Never Miss Another Reoccuring Task Again

   

     Most teachers have reoccuring tasks that fall during a specific month every year. If you're anything like me, those tasks can sometimes come abruptly, leaving me scrambling to complete them in a hurry. Thankfully, I've discovered a tool that helps me keep my year on track: Google Calendar.
     When you are in Google Calendar, there is a "tasks" option on the right hand side. What I do is make an entry for each month of the year. Under those entries, I add reoccurring events that I need to complete every year during that time. This has been the PERFECT system for me to remember tasks because once inputted, they stay. I look at my Google Calendar daily, which is essential to ensure I don't miss any upcoming task.

    Review:

1) Add each month of the year (tip: follow your school calendar. I start with August).
2) Add reoccurring tasks to each month.
3) Check your Google Calendar, including the tasks column, daily.

Here's a video explaining how I do this:

Do you use Google Tasks? If so, I would love to hear about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Parent-Teacher Conferences: Keeping the Humanity

         As I write this, it is currently parent-teacher conference season. We've been in school for a couple of months, and finall...